Monday, May 30, 2005

Prabaharan - Physiotherapist

I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS GUY.

I had a casual telecon with Jason Thiang and he told me he was seeing this guy and that he was cheap and good.

I went there at 2.30 p.m. Saturday. This K. Prabaharan has a real physiotherapist sports clinic. One room is a gym (for rehabilitation) and another area is where he sees his patients and keeps his physio equipment. There were many people being (all were Indians). They were young adults, sportsmen (footballers I think or hockey players). The clinic was clean and simple. I immediately liked it. I don't want to pay for expensive furniture and athletes were everywhere.
Praba had just returned from doing aqua aerobics/therapy. He felt my heel, he immediately knew what it was (Planta Fasciitis). Some Doctors don't even bother to feel your heel. He is not alien to sports injuries. Its so refreshing that I have found his place. Sorry, normal doctors don't know anything about sports.
He has a new machine (RM30,000) that is 3 days old. It seems to treat everything. After a few buttons, he came to Plantar Fasciitis and way we go. Its like needles prickling into the injury area. Then he did ultrasound. Those two cost only RM25. Even my wife was treated for a sore back, that was RM20. He prescribed Glucosamine with MSM (which I have read has been used to good effect on athletes and horses). That cost RM65. I just loved talking to this guy, because he understood sports. He was the Physio for the KL Football team I think. I don't think he has a certificate, but he is just great.
I think I will be seeing him many more times and for years to come. I have a broken arm too.

His contact is.
K.PRABAHARAN
019-6621150 BRICKFIELDS.
Call him, you will immediately like him and he will give you directions (inaccurate I'm afraid).

No comments: