Saturday, November 21, 2009

Training Diary - 2 weeks to IMWA

Saturday: 20 km run. 2 hr 17 mins (1 hr 5 mins + 5 mins stop + 1 hr 7 mins back). 60 mins swim.
Sunday: With everyone going all over the place to their respective races the next few weeks, it was "say goodbye" day (sob sob). Actually it was a very nice chat and we were not at all sad, I think.
Poor Peter Chan had trouble standing straight with a flu that has already bugged him for 3 weeks.
.
Same 20 km run. 2 hr 8 min, a PB by 4 mins (1 hr 1 min + 5 min + 1 hr 2 min). The expatriate group storming from behind was great incentive to keep at it. I couldn't even return their conversation, so out of breath I was.
.
Anyway the run is improving which I attribute to going on the bike trainer all the time and not cycling outdoors. I consider training to be done, its just keep things ticking over now.
.
Monday: 57 mins trainer
Tuesday: Nothing, I'm feeling cold.
Wednesday: 82 mins trainer. 40 mins trainer after work.
Thursday: 25 mins trainer (tired). 20 mins swim (bad training day).
Friday: 60 mins trainer using "race gear". OK I'm going to wear the same LDWC outfit for IMWA. 30 mins trainer. Cycling done.

6 comments:

Emma said...

I was waiting to see the taxi...it never materialised...way to go Sofian...I have a sneaky feeling you are going to have one of your best IM's EVER!!!

sofiantriathlete said...

Ha ha thank you Emma. Its such a long day (and night), its difficult to tell.
This morning was nice.
What about your swim stroke then? I don't know, I didn't see all of it.

Emma said...

Swim stroke??, heheh.. Will let you know in the morning :)
I remember you asked me for bike tips...how to get strong...I know you are joking but in all seriousness you are doing exactly the right thing by putting the hours on the turbo...no harm in that at all and really seems to be working. Riding on the ride is just about getting it done...riding on the turbo is all about building the mental and physical strength...well thats my thoughts on the subject :)

Emma said...

oops I mean riding on the road...

Cookie Monster said...

dear sofian
I saw you at the worlds long course same 2XU outfit I was racing for Spore .Iam doing IMWA so hopefully I will see you down at Busso. I know kevin Siah .He is doing Langkawi but there is some confusion as to the date of the race.
goodluck for busso.Atleast all the hard work is done for Busso now to get to the start line.
john

sofiantriathlete said...

Yes John I remember you overtaking me towards the end of the bike at the LDWC. You had a very good run looking at the results, but then reading your blog, you felt you could have done better.
Correct LGK is still not clear.
See you at Busso, Parade of Nations