Friday, January 06, 2006

CAN I DO IT?

THE SWIM.

Current status.
During the new year holiday period I did 3 swims, each swim totalling 3km. Bless the Bukit Jalil Pool. Its a bit expensive but worth it.
My 1.5km time is 29 mins 33 secs. My PB is just below 24 mins. My arm is broken.

Plan
I will swim a lot. Its good rehabilitation for the broken arm and doesn't injure my heel.
I will try to swim at my small apartment pool either after work or after cycling at the weekend. Its not a good idea to swim in the morning as the delay will mean that I will get stuck in the traffic jam to work. Saturday afternoon I will go to Bukit Jalil as its important to go to a big pool.

Conclusion
God willing I can make the swim at Langkawi.

CYCLING

Status
I can cycle to Bentong quite comfortably.

Plan
Maintain and cycle in small gears to save the legs and heel. Do some 200km rides and some 150km ride followed by a short jog. No shortage of training buddies. Japanese Sam (also doing Ironman), Simon on Saturday, Chew, Loong. Enough. Dr Tan still has to unpack his bike from Hawaii.

Conclusion
Should be OK

RUN

Status
Have not ran for 4 years. Heel is bad but not that bad after the shockwave treatment.

Plan
Will only do minimal running as I don't want to get injured before the race. I think this 10 Jan holiday I will do a Brick, see what happens. Will only start running in Feb. If I can do a one hour run, that will be fine. On race day I will be walking.

No comments: