I have never met him in real life, the National Cycling coach speaks volumes of this guy as an athlete and as a person too. The way he squeezed through two cyclists (Commonwealth Games at Delhi) at breakneck speed is firmly etched in my memory.
Other Heroes - my running buddies at the Hong Kong Marathon.
I jokingly tell them, "not to return unless they get a PB". Well that's what all of them got:
- Hoo Ching Cheong. 4hr 7min. PB
- Ong Boon Hin (at 53 years old). 3hr 48m. PB
- Hoo Ching Tai. 3hr 56 mins. PB
- Lawrence Lau. 4 hr 13 mins. PB
- Doc Pui San. sub 5 hr. PB
- Nik Rahai Kosai. sub 5 hrs. PB
They said the temp. was 13 C, cloudy, good aid stations etc. Well done.
Heroes going for the Cairns Challenge (IM distance):
- Randy Tan
- K. K. Lee
- Ong Siok Bee
We wish them the best (5 June 2011)
Heroes going for IM China (29 May 2011):
- Richard Tang
- Ong Boon Hin
- Hoo Ching Cheong
- Jason Thiang
- Allan Lee
- Yee Sze Mun
- Simon Cross
- Jap Sam (as guide for the blind Japanese IM). Looks like Jap Sam is definitely going to heaven.
And, Sam Pritchard is doing IM New Zealand (first week March 2011)
My Sunday Run (20 Feb 2011):
First usual 20km was a PB (1 hr 55min) by a whopping two or three mins. I couldn't keep it up for the subsequent 10.8km double hill. Total time was 3hr 11 min, one min off my PB for the 31km route.
Have a nice day.